Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First week of school

Vee started daycare this week. I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off of my chest, seriously.

It's been getting really difficult to get work done at home during the day when Husband is working/sleeping, and I've been struggling to balance everything between two jobs, and kids. Too stressful. I've barely made it to the gym over the past month, just not enough time. Since I needed to start pushing my hours up to full time at the clinic, Vee needed to start daycare.

It's a good age. She's 7 months old, and she'll be crawling very soon. She doesn't nap for very long anymore, she's much too busy and important. She's as chatty as her sister (sigh), and grabby, and wiggly, and if she finds herself left alone in the room, she screams her bloody head off. She eats constantly. She has the chunkiest baby thighs, like, ever. She stopped fitting in the Bumbo over a month ago, her thighs are too big.

I'm a little sad to not spend our mornings together snuggling. Our routine on the days I'm home is generally wake up, drink a bottle, snuggle back down in my bed for a nap. (I'll also miss the naps.) But she already loves the daycare. I swear she looked disappointed to go home yesterday. They have a jumperoo. We don't (our baby entertainment center doesn't bounce). Vee could sit in a jumperoo all day, she loves it. She'll be packing on the muscle in those massive baby thighs in no time.

The complication is that we couldn't get Vee into Cora's daycare, we're waitlisted. So we had to take her back to Cora's old daycare, where she'll probably be staying for at least the next 4 or 5 months. Which they're thrilled with, because they get to see Cora. (Cora's teacher from the 2-year-old room, I swear, will petition the court to adopt her in case of our untimely demise.) It's much more expensive, but what can you do. Oh well.

In other expenses, I'm considering buying a reserved parking tag for campus, which is stupidly expensive, but the regular tag is nothing more than a hunting license. And there are plenty of times I have to leave campus and come back, get there later, etc., and I don't want to walk or take the bus from the ass end of the damn stadium because I can't find any parking. Summer is better, because faculty is gone, but during the academic year, it's a nightmare. Makes me stabby.

Anyway, I ran for the first time yesterday. It sucked. I wheezed like a 90-year-old with emphysema. I could only do a mile, and had to even walk several laps. I was pretty sure I had a stroke, a heart attack, and an aneurysm, all at the same time. So, yeah, there's a lot of work to do. Really depressing when I think nearly 2 years ago, I was very close to my fitness goal (from awesome government agency that investigates stuff). And now, I'm a big fat blob. Oh well.



Me, running

1 comment:

CP said...

I don't know how you did it- working with a little one at home! I could never get any work done when I was near my kid!

I'm glad the daycare is going so well!