Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Randomness

So much to do, and zero motivation to do it. You'd think I'd be in a rush to hurry up and get stuff done, considering I will be popping within a month's time. But no. No motivation.

I have a "to do" list for my cases, and just need to sit down and get that stuff done. That will probably be Monday's project. Go to the law library, knock everything out at once. Then get all my files organized and put away since they should be (mostly) dormant during the month of September.

This weekend I need to finish up baby laundry and get the nursery organized. There's crap everywhere. All the important stuff is there, though, so I'm not too worried. I also need to finish writing thank-you cards and mail them. The house needs to be cleaned: the floors cleaned and the bathroom cleaned. I can't wait to put away all of my maternity stuff and bring back out my real clothes. Domesticity -- I fail at it.

The Husband has promised me a day at the spa. I need things trimmed, waxed, colored, etc. I'm a hot mess. I think I'm going to start with a pedicure tomorrow afternoon and plan for a hair day on Saturday. There certainly seems to be a problem with my hair color. There is a considerable amount of it currently without pigmentation! I don't understand. Obviously, this problem needs to be corrected.

Not much else going on. Husband is taking Cora to the circus on Saturday. He's also taking her to her next violin lesson tomorrow morning, since I'll be out of town for a training in the morning, the last thing on my calendar for the month. Hopefully she'll do well without me there. Speaking of the circus, I seem to be the lion-taming parent. She will focus better for me than for Husband. When I was out for True Blood night Monday, he had to help her practice for violin. It apparently didn't go so well. He gets frustrated with her because she won't focus, and then she really won't focus, and it all goes down hill from there. The violin teacher said consistency is important for them, so hopefully me not being at the lesson won't be a problem.

Husband seems convinced to go ahead and rejoin the Y a few months after the baby is born, which I'll be happy about if for no other reason than I could pop over, put the baby in the daycare for two hours and go take a nap by the pool. I guess I could work out too. I need to start running again. I think I'll have to start from scratch due to my epic slothdom this pregnancy. Hopefully my hips go back to normal pretty quickly.

Not much else going on. Just organizing things at the clinic today, and waiting for our law student volunteer to come in so he can tell me what my voicemail says. Sigh. I really need to work on my Spanish.

Oh, there is one thing going on... big fat eye roll... my house pet is a glutton for punishment and had to go reconnect with "our ex-boyfriend." When we broke up a decade ago, they were roommates. Then they were no longer roommates when the Ex's parents demanded he move back in with them, because the Ex got busted for a DUI coming back from a bachelor party, and that was somehow his roommate's fault according to his parents (I'm sure it would have been my fault if we'd still been dating at the time... his parents hated me). (And don't even get me started about how he roped me into driving to bumfuck Ohio with him in the middle of the night to bail the idiot out of jail, so he could drive his vehicle back.) Anyway, after the Ex told him "they needed some space," they later rekindled their friendship, but the Ex eventually "broke up" with him, because he said they were too close and he wasn't able to be intimate with women as a result, and that he could never have contact with him again. (Because the Ex is a homo, that's why, and he can't come to terms with it. Seriously, who breaks up with their platonic friends because they're too close? WTF?) Anyway, when we had our party on July 4th, a friend mentioned that the Ex's dad had passed away last year. And that's sad and all, but yeah, we aren't friends. We haven't spoken in almost a decade. I don't think it'd be appropriate to send a Hallmark a year later even if his dad had actually been kind to me, (rather than thinking I was poor trash that wasn't good enough for his son.) But of course, Steven couldn't just leave it alone. He went and texted him and tried calling him, because he can't stand the idea of that wounded puppy out there. I'm like, don't go opening that can of worms, he'll just suck you back in to his emotional turmoil. And with his school schedule, he really doesn't need the drama. Fortunately, the Ex never responded... Until this week. And his response was something like, sorry I took so long to respond, I just needed more time to process before I could contact you. Again, WTF? (See why we refer to him as "our ex-boyfriend"?) So, of course, he's getting together with him. I'm like, do whatever you want to do, you clearly aren't going to take my advice and stay the hell away, but do not bring that crazy bipolar drama to my house. Ugh. I deal with enough crazy people at work, I don't want them at my house too.

So, that's pretty much it. Organization and avoiding other people's drama. Getting my hair did. Waiting to expel a human.

No comments: