Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Raptured

In honor of the end of the world today, I thought I would address the Epic Stupid that is the evangelical, apocalyptic "the world is going to end any minute now!" religious nutbags.

First, if those idiots are right, they can just head on up to heaven or whatever without me, because I don't want to be there. What a snoozefest that would be.

Second, when inevitably your predictions are completely and utterly wrong, what happens to the "faithful" who believed all your bullshit? Well, for instance, they have no retirement fund, because, shit, why would you save for retirement when the world is going to end any minute now? Why would you save for your kids' college? Why would you go to school and get an education so you can get a good job and provide security for your future, because the world's going to end any minute now?! Yeah, when I was a kid, I was told that the world was going to end before I ever reached adulthood, so what am I worrying about the future for? Heh.

Or maybe, just maybe, we all survive. At least for another few billion years until our Sun supernovas, of course.

No comments: