Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Exhausted

It's only Wednesday, and it feels like the week should have ended days ago. I'm exhausted.

I took a mental health day on Tuesday, and, honestly, think I need another one tomorrow. Tonight was the visitation, tomorrow is the funeral. I'm just worn out.

I've got a lot of work to catch up on, but right now I just feel like sleeping.

As an aside, should I lose someone in my immediate family, I really could not endure a visitation, standing in a morose receiving line, like some sort of gauntlet, having to shake everyone's hand, accepting their awkward attempts at condolescences while trying to not collapse into a sobbing ball of hysteria. Short of throwing myself on the funeral pyre, I can't think of a worse thing to endure after the loss of a loved one. Maybe some people find it comforting that an endless line of people came out in support of you and/or someone you loved, and it's lovely that they do, but I just find it quite horrible. In times of mourning and loss, I just like to be left the hell alone. I guess everyone's different. I dunno. I also rather hate flowers, so I might just be a weirdo.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I also think visitations are asking way too much. Maybe some people appreciate the support/grief of others. I think bottom line is that even if you have a visitation (for the benefit of the other mourners), people will definitely forgive you if you are not there.

WNWLitigator said...

I agree about visitations. It is just so weird. When I am sad the last thing I want to do is talk about it. I just want to be left to cry! I'm glad you get to take mental health days. The best thing you can probably do is spend time with your daughter. Our kids are good emotional healers (when they aren't throwing tantrums or getting silly putty melted in their hair).