Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Day

I had a hearing scheduled this morning in a surrounding county at 9:30. My case did not get called until after 2:30. Seriously. I was so hungry, I was about to eat a bailiff. I won't even get into the epic fail that is my client, first, because it's confidential, and second, because I think if I put it into words right now, it would make my head explode, and I have to wait until tomorrow to draft a letter to said client concerning today's review, because otherwise it will include expletive-filled sentences that will probably land me a bar complaint, so I will have to be more diplomatic in such conveyance of epic fail.

Yeah, I don't think I have anything positive to say today. I'm just in a seriously bad mood. That comes from sitting in the courtroom for the arraignments (because the Judge has decided she will only give appointments to attorneys sitting in her courtroom when she needs one), and not getting a new appointment today which, honestly, doesn't hurt my feelings after I waited FIVE FUCKING HOURS to have a 10-minute review. (The other parent's attorney in my case had to leave at 1pm, because he had to drive an hour home to relieve his nanny.) So, in addition to the fail that is my client, I got to sit there and watch all the other people who fail really hard. It's difficult to not hate humanity after that. Like, seriously, there needs to be birth control in the water, these people should not be allowed to breed. They shouldn't even be allowed to own goldfish.

So, when I left the courthouse after 3, and grabbed a quick lunch, I decided that before my 5pm hair appointment, I would go get a manicure. That was a good call. I opted against a pedicure though, because it's going to be too cold for open toed shoes in Baltimore/DC this weekend. Maybe I'll have to go back for one of those next week. It's been a good month for the Proto Attorney Law Office, maybe I can splurge a little. Oh well. The world may suck, but I have pretty nails. There is a little ray of sunshine after all.

Anyway, back to the grind. I've got work to finish up now that the kid is in bed, and need to get done before leaving on Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Methinks the cost of free vascectomies/tube-ties for such people would be far less than the long-term Medicare/welfare/unemployment benefits they and their kids require over a lifetime. Simple cost-benefit analysis dictates that we should put doctors in tents right in the courthouse square and line people up for some snip snip!

NORTH said...

you are absolutely hilarious, such a pleasure to read.