Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Making plans

Not sure what the future will hold. It's difficult to make plans, which is definitely something I dislike.

Husband is being recruited for a job where he used to work. It would be a great deal more money, but it sounds like it would be a lot more hours. The benefits would be better too, and the work more interesting, but not sure that's a good trade off for the extra hours. So, he's got some decision-making to do. He likes where he is, but isn't sure he fits in.

I, on the other hand, need to figure out what to do with myself. I'm not really happy doing what I'm doing now. It's the lack of permanency, lack of structure, I'm just unhappy. I'm getting burned out on practicing law, and I don't even know if I want to continue to practice at all. I just want to get my debt paid off and figure out what to do with myself. When I think about practicing, I want to go back to a mid-size firm, I want to have a regular paycheck, and know what is expected of me. I want to know what I'm doing. But until the market improves, I don't think that will happen. I guess in the meantime I need to keep doing what I'm doing. Building up my practice experience and, unfortunately, often learning the hard way when I screw up.

After the baby is born, I'm going to take some time off from practice. I'll just do my part time work for the MLP and just enjoy snuggling with a new baby, catch up on some reading and figure out where I go from there. In the meantime, I need to work on getting some debt paid off so I can take that time and that means stepping up the workload over the next nine months.

2 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Downsized Attorney said...

Did I miss you announcing that you're pregnant? Wow, congrats!