Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Just keep swimming

Swimming swimming swimming...

I swear, insurance adjusting is looking better every day.

It's been a rough week. Full of fail, including epic technology fail (suck it, AT&T). Ugh. Next week, I've got two domestic violence hearings, two days in a row, and one is in my hometown. There are a few personal reasons why I really don't want to step foot in the courthouse in my hometown, but I just need to suck it up and deal with it. I don't have time for personal demons; I've got too much shit to do.

Cora will be going to daycare all 5 days next week, because I've got those two hearings and a lot of other work to do and, frankly, we're spending way too much time together and she's been getting on my last damn nerve. She is in this phase where she uses this whiny voice all the damn time, and it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. So, we clearly need a break from each other. I need a break in general. I haven't stopped since I lost my job, I haven't just taken a day and relaxed all by myself. I desperately need that soon, or I am going to completely lose my mind. I'm shooting for a day off next Friday. I have books to read!

7 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

I hope you get your mental health day soon. :-/ Good luck

E.H. said...

Big hugs to you, because I feel/share your pain. (Husband home sick two days in a row right before the weekend: I need to get away from them both!!)

Hope you get some you time soon. It's not optional - it's a necessity!

建枫 said...

愛情不是慈善事業,不能隨便施捨。......................................................................

蕾蕾 said...

路過留言支持~~~..................................................

PT LawMom said...

I don't do well when home with Pumpkinhead every day either. I always appreciate everyone much better with a little distance from him and from Mr. V.

J said...

You definitely need downtime, especially with the domestic violence cases, those can not be easy to handle.

Hopefully you get a break and do what I do during those rare moments . . . multi-task! I grab a book or magazine and read while getting a pedicure :)

Hope things get better very soon!

Googie Baba said...

Here's hoping you have taken a break by now. When I was home with my son, I would daydream about running away from home and fed ex the breast milk back to him.

I also hope your hearings went ok.