Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 3 of Impending Unemployment

So, it's a little awkward around the office. The Boss has avoided any and all contact with me since telling me I don't have a job. His wife, who usually comes in to chat, hasn't so much as even waved when she's in the office. Awkward. At least the staff's still talking to me, I kinda feel like a leper. I guess I could be all cheerful and chatty myself, but I don't have the energy. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before I leave. I'm not sleeping well, my mind is just going at full speed at night.

Anyway, today, after cleaning out almost all of my cases, I spent the remaining time at work going through all of my Facebook photos and untagged all the ones with: 1) Drunkface; 2) My bewbs hanging out; 3) Someone else's bewbs hanging out; 4) Me touching anyone else's bewbs; and 5) Anything else that could be deemed inappropriate by a potential employer, including, but not limited to, a shot of me grabbing a mannequin's crotch at the mall. I'm not really in a position to say, eh, I wouldn't want to work for some hardass with no sense of humor anyway. I don't, but beggers can't be choosers. My Facebook profile is private and I have all my privacy settings done, but can't be too careful.

So... I've been rather bummed out today. Keep thinking about the plans I'd made, but that won't happen now. For instance, the pair of Christian Louboutin shoes that were in my future... they're being replaced with sensible shoes from Payless. Sigh. I've been waiting quite awhile for such extravagance, to no avail.

But still looking forward to some good stuff. We're celebrating our anniversary tomorrow with the giftcard from Husband's parents to our favorite steak/sushi restaurant (I'm thinking Kobe beef, yum). Cora starts baby ballet again on Saturday. Then we're moving all my stuff. We have friends coming into town that we haven't seen in quite awhile, so that's cool. Then there's the bar association convention next week, so tons of CLE's to stock up on, and hopefully some networking to be had.

I'm also going through and pricing all the stuff I need to practice on my own for awhile. While the idea of working without adult supervision is a little scary, it's also kinda exciting. It's where my experience as a legal assistant will definitely come in handy. And at least I've had some experience practicing law, so that I can do the easy stuff.

Tomorrow's the last day.

9 comments:

Kathryn said...

Came by your blog quite by accident but just wanted to say that maybe hanging out your own shingle might not be so scary. You can do it. That's my plan for a few years down the road too.

LEO said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy the weekend and keep looking at the bright side...I know you'll be back on your feet soon, loubs or not!

Hanah said...

So sorry to hear about losing your job. That truly sucks. I wish you the best of luck finding a new one quickly.

Downsized Attorney said...

I feel you with the shoes. The worst part about extended unemployment for me was foregoing my weekly shopping trips and regaining the attitude that if it's not on sale it's not worth buying. In the end the material stuff doesn't matter.

Good luck on going out on your own. You at least have experience handling your own cases. Whenever someone suggested that to me when I was unemployed that I would always laugh and then panic because I realized I had no practical skills to hang my own shingle.

E.H. said...

Tacky on your boss and his wife's part - very tacky. :(

You'll get your shoes yet!

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

Nice job!.................................................................

Cee said...

you should set up a "help give shoes to the unemployed" button on your website and see if you get donations- ha ha, it's legite right!?!

I'm so sorry that all your plans have been changed. I know it must be frustrating to love your job and be so hopeful about your career and then have everything shift on you. It's not the end though. You've got some good experience and a glowing recommendation, you can kick some butt!

John said...

Driving Test Driving Test has lots of information, online videos, driving game scenarios all to help you pass your driving test first time. Practice Learners Test Learners Test is provided FREE online practice learners test or download our FREE iPhone app to help you pass. Educational Psychology Degree | assessment and evaluation degree

Amy said...

Geneticists confirm this suspicion. They’ve identified what they call “founder effects” among southern Athapaskans. Navajo and Apaches carry a disproportionately large number of certain rare genes, suggesting they descended, quite recently, from a small, discrete band of people. And because they share genetics with the Northern Dene, it seems almost certain this band of people came out of the North.

art degree | health science degree