Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Weight Loss Blog

Today I received my testing date for a certain awesome agency run by the fed that investigates stuff. Which means, I really need to jump start my diet/work-out regimen so I can pass the fitness test. If I'm not going to end up working there, I want it to either be my choice, or just the fact they don't need my particular skill set (what is that particular skill set, you ask? Good question!). I don't want it to be because I'm too fat and out of shape. That would just suck.

So, today starts my epic journey of rapid weight loss/getting totally buff. I'm back on Weight Watchers, drinking gallons of water, and spending most of my day in the bathroom, and I will be working out every day for a minimum of 1 hour of aerobics, in between bathroom breaks. I will need to add in weight training soon as I figure it all out. Later, I will likely add on a Saturday morning pilates class. In 10 weeks, I want to have lost 20 pounds and be able to meet the agency's minimum fitness requirements. Our city is having a half-marathon the end of March, so I would like to be able to do that, even just mostly walking.

Since I'm not going to Weight Watchers meetings, I'll keep a running tab on here of my stats for each week, in an effort to shame myself into compliance. For Lent, I'm giving up my all of my favorite things: pizza, burgers, fries, and "excess bread" (i.e. bread sticks, rolls, etc.).

Is it possible to be in great shape when living such a sedentary lifestyle? I guess we'll find out!

5 comments:

Cee said...

good luck! Once you get a good workout schedule and get used to it- you may become addicted! Way to go on taking up the challenge- best wishes your way!

Cecilia said...

good luck! although i'd check with your doc about 20 pounds in 10 weeks - i've always heard that more than 1 pound per week is too much / not healthy.

i would try south beach diet- it is the most dramatic i've seen.

Flaim said...

You should download Lose It for your iPhone, it might be helpful. Also, if you decide to do yoga on Saturday morning instead of Pilates ( I super suck at it) I'll join you :)

Laurie

Proto Attorney said...

Is there a cheap Saturday morning yoga class? I was just gonna try the pilates class at the ballet school, where Kathy's been going. (That's where Cora's going to her ballet class.)

Tree Hugging 2L said...

This is super cheesy, but you might want to check out this month's Shape Magazine. They're starting the 5 month countdown to a bikini body - and I REALLY like the workouts they suggest. Really simple - relatively quick - and no gym needed. Combined with some cardio, I think you'd be in good shape. Who knows - reading your blog may convince me to try harder, too!