Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekly weight update

Week 1: -1.4 pounds

Well, not as much as I expected. Some people lose as much as 5 pounds the first week. Weight Watchers says you should drop the first few pounds very quickly, because it's water weight, and drinking all that water should flush you out pretty quick. Well, guess not. Maybe I'd been properly hydrating before (I do drink a lot of tea). Then again, I did not drink all my water over the weekend. I weighed the same this morning as I did Friday morning. But I also used more flex points over the weekend than I did throughout the rest of the week, so maybe that's why the scale didn't move anymore.

Even still, a loss is a loss, and I'll take it. It's been very hard to find the motivation to do any physical activity this week, because dammit, it's just too cold and gross to go out. Also, I was supposed to go to pilates Saturday morning, and I realized all of my sports bras were at my other place of residence. (I can't work out without a sports bra... actually I generally wear two of them when I run.)

I've been eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, and particularly salads. The salads are a good way to eat "real food" for one meal, because salads barely use any points, but are still very filling. I finished the week with about half of my flex points left, and that's even after I had a burger and fries for dinner one night (no cheese, no mayo and it was a small fry). So, overall, really good week. I feel good about how I did, I counted all the points, and ready for Week 2!

This week's goal is to exercise. I'm going to give 30 Day Shred a try. I'll let you all know how it goes. I also need to start a situp and pushup regimen, since that's part of the fitness assessment.

2 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

Congrats on Ms.JD... and the weight loss!!

Not apropos of the current post, but if you have a chance sometime, I'd love your comment on this post regarding having a baby in law school.

http://wishiwouldhaveknown.blogspot.com/2010/02/kids-in-law-school.html

Tree Hugging 2L said...

You've probably already heard of it - but you should check out www.titlenine.com for AMAZING sports bras. I had the "must wear two" philosophy for running - and this website changed all that. Go for quadruple barbell rating, lol. ;)