Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

I have a MUG! Oh, and an apartment.

I'm unbelievably excited about the fact that I have a mug.

We frequent this British Pub. Sadly, when we came in tonight, the waitress remembered what we ordered three nights ago. That's how often we're there. We even bring Cora (she loves the goat cheese dip on pita). Anyway, back when I was pregnant, they did a promotional where they were selling mugs. The mugs hold more than the normal glass of beer, but it's the same price, and they keep your particular mug there for you to use when you come in. You just tell them your mug number and get your big ol' mug full of beer. Well, I didn't buy one when I was pregnant because, unfortunately, I wasn't drinking beer. Even more unfortunately, by the time I could drink beer again, they'd sold out of mugs. (As in, ran out of space to store any more.) So, all this time I've had to get my Strongbow or Tennants or other lovely brew in a puny little glass while Husband and our friends had their nice big mugs. But finally they decided that if people haven't used their mugs in two years, that they were reselling those mugs.

So, tonight, I finally got a mug. Just in time to move away. Balls. (Oh well, we'll still be there on the weekends!)

Speaking of moving, my apartment-hunting trip proved fruitful yesterday (third time was, in fact, the charm), and I put down a deposit on a duplex. It's a two bedroom, one bath, for $450/month, (sadly, includes no utilities). It's getting a make-over, thanks to the previous tenants. But it doesn't smell bad! I just hope it's not crazy expensive to heat in the winter, since it's an older home. Anyway, it's six blocks from my office, on the same street, and in walking distance of both my office and Cora's new daycare. It's also right across the street from the park, so Cora can go "outSIDE!" (her word for both the playground and just going outside). I'll have an upstairs neighbor who just relocated to the area too, apparently she's a new nurse. Maybe she'll be up for splitting some wireless internet.

4 comments:

legally certifiable said...

Congrats on the new place! And the mug.

workhard said...

Congrats on the mug!!!!!!!!

amd the new place..

Attorney companies

LL said...

Yay congrats on finding your new quasi-home! That's got to be such a relief- now you can focus on that pesky little bar exam!

Butterflyfish said...

Yay!! Congrats. Sounds excellent