Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Blog RIP

Those of you who read the MILP blogs have probably noticed one of those blogs has recently disappeared.

Unfortunately, because of reasons that cannot be disclosed, this blogger has been forced to take down her blog. She wasn't allowed to explain why to her readers, nor even to say a proper goodbye. She feels quite terrible about this, I know. So I'm giving a little eulogy on her behalf.

However, rest assured, she is alive and well, as is her little duckling. She's still out there, being a total rock star by balancing her career in public interest law and life as a single mom. Nothing has changed, other than her ability to blog about her experiences. Which is truly a shame for all of us. As someone who would love love love to do what she does for a living someday, her experiences and observations were really informative. Having to take down her blog is part of the reason I have decided to keep mine going. Because the rest of us can't be silenced out of fear. These blogs are important to help those who come after us, those who are considering law school, parenthood or both. To lose one of the MILP bloggers sucks because of the valuable insight she gave. And I'll keep giving mine, for what it's worth.

So, if you want to tell her goodbye, do so in the comments here. Please do not mention her name/blog moniker, however. Just refer to her as "ND." But she would love to hear from you to bid her a fond farewell.

Adieu, ND. We can only hope that someday you'll return to the blogosphere.

10 comments:

Cee said...

oh no! That's so sad! I will miss ND sooo much! I hope everything is going well for her and I hope nothing bad happened. The whole MILP community will definately miss the smart and witty ND and her cutie duckling.

MJP said...

I never commented on ND's blog but I was an avid reader. It seems so funny to be concerned about someone you don't really know but I really was concerned when her blog disappeared. Thanks so much for updating us on her status.

To ND- your blog was a great resource for lawyers and mothers and people who just enjoy funny, heartfelt writing. You'll be sorely missed.

Andrea said...

Aw, damn. Great blog, great woman, lawyer and mom. Proto, thanks for this post. I'll be thinking of ND and her little one often, running from courtroom to courtroom, waiting for the magic day when the witness shows up, the judge is sane, and justice is done.

Kim said...

This is so sad and it makes me angry to think that she was forced to take it down. I'm so glad you let us know. She will definitely be missed.

CM said...

Thanks for posting this. ND, we'll miss you and I hope you'll come back when you can. I don't know what "forced" means, but I hope whoever forced you to take down the blog realizes how shortsighted it was.

Cecilia said...

Another avid reader and occasional commenter to ND's blog here. Thanks for posting the explantion. That woman is truly an inspiration. I forwarded a link to one of her posts to a classmate in Evidence class, and that classmate was like "holy crap, I want to *be* her. that is so awesome."

best wishes to ND and little D.

Shelley said...

Thank you for the explanation! I have been wondering and worrying and hoping everything was OK. Tell ND that I hope we are both sometime in our biggest lil city at the same time soon, so I can take her out to lunch. :)

Ellen said...

I never commented on ND's blog, but I've been reading it for quite a while at least a year, and am amazed by how she does it all, between career, child, and even finding time to blog. She'll be missed.

Hanah said...

I miss you too, ND.

divine angst said...

I'm sad. I'll miss ND. If anyone proved you can have it all, or as much of it as anyone can have, she did.