Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Blog, Renewed Focus

I'm trying out some changes with the blog. Give me some feedback!

First, I changed the name. I figure I'm no longer knocked up, nor am I in law school, so the old name is kinda inapplicable. But the URL has always been attorney work product, since I started it in 2007, so I went with that. Second, I could probably change my moniker. Soon enough, I guess I'll technically have evolved into a "baby attorney" but that seems a bit much. I toyed with the idea of just using my name, but I share a name with a fellow Mom blogger, so that would probably just get confusing anyway. I think for now, it'll stay the same. Third, the background photo is (literally) the road to my new life. Photo credit: moi.

The focus on this blog will, of course, be about the balance between my legal career and the rest of my life, particularly my family. It'll be about other stuff too, my various interests (politics, foreign affairs, geek stuff) and exploring my new town and region. I will (very cautiously) talk about work, as much as I can in the abstract. I know that isn't particularly helpful for those of you looking for career insight, but I am always willing to chat privately if you have specific questions about my work.

Although I've considered shutting down the blog after law school, I want to continue. I find it so helpful to read the blogs of other female attorneys who are striving to devote themselves to both their careers and families. And there's this part of me that craves the podium. So for now, I'm keeping it going.

I'm getting pretty excited about the new job. At first, I felt rather lukewarm about the town where I'm moving, but I got to tour a lot more this past time I went, and it really is charming. (Not trashy like where I'm from!) I just hope I can find a decent place to live for a reasonable price! Not so excited about the bar exam, but I did the full day practice and scored modestly. There's another month of studying to do, and I'll be able to rock its socks off. If the bar exam wore socks, that is. Whatever.

9 comments:

Cee said...

love the new blog!! very cool and very customized! I can't wait to read about your career adventures.

LL said...

Great job! There's so many things I'd love to do to my blog but I don't know how and don't have time so instead I just glare at it whenever I bring it up.

And the bar exam definitely wears socks. Socks with sandals.

Shelley said...

The new blog looks great! Love the photo. :)

Butterflyfish said...

Likes it!!

Melissa said...

I love reading your blog and the new changes just make it more fun! Please keep it coming!

Rhiannon said...

I really like your new layout!

Dakota said...

I like the "road to your new life" photo. Nice metaphor. Congrats on being so close (reference to newer post), overall! You will get there, no problem!

workhard said...

You ve got a very nice blog..


Attorney companies

five tomatoes said...

I really like the new layout, it looks great!