Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Enjoying the Afternoon

... in spite of listening to boring Bar/Bri lectures. I've been working on the review lectures from the Simulated MBE. I rock out when it comes to Crim Law/Crim Pro, so it makes Crimes Lady even more boring. I'm bored with the going on and on about the black letter law. I know the black letter law. There was six hours of lecture on that, and I made flash cards. Just tell me how I got tricked into missing the question, and let's move on. The Torts Lady, on the other hand, was really good and she gave really good exam-taking tips. Except that she must be Italian, because she YELLS instead of talks. I had to turn the iPod way down.

I did really freakin' good on Contracts (shockingly), pretty good (but not as good as I should have) on Torts and Crimes, decently on Con Law, and I totally sucked it on both Evidence and Property. Had I not sucked it on those two, I would have "passed" the fake MBE by a good margin. Problem? I just don't know the black letter law for Property. However, I don't know what happened with Evidence. I know the black letter law, at least I think I do, so I think I'm just getting tricked into the wrong answers. So, I'm looking forward to the Evidence lecture, hopefully it will be good. But overall, I feel really good about where I am now, because even though I know there's a lot of work left to do, I at least know what work needs to be done, where I'm sucking, and where I can improve enough to pass the damn thing and move on. Then I can concentrate on the state law stuff, and all the crazy stuff I didn't take in law school. Like Commercial Paper and Secured Transactions. We didn't even have a class on Commercial Paper. I'm not even sure what that is yet. Nice.

So, I'm sitting out on the balcony enjoying the not-obscenely-hot weather mixed with a nice breeze. Tonight, we're taking Cora for her first haircut, and hopefully getting rid of the baby mullet finally! And if there is time, Husband will take her back to the pond in our neighborhood for some more "duckies." We went yesterday, and Cora loved loved loved the geese, which scare the hell out of me. We started out feeding a few ducks, and then the gaggle noticed us, and started waddling towards us. Huge freakin' geese, like 30 or 40 of them. Cora's just thrilled at the gaggle suddenly surrounding us, like they're her personal flock. She's pointing at each one, proclaiming "DUCKY!" I'm just waiting for one of them to get too close and her try to hug it, and I have to fight off an angry goose that's bigger than her. Geese are mean. One even hissed at me, ugh. Anyway, the gosslings were pretty cute, and Cora had a good time. I don't really understand the obsession with the duckies, but hey, whatever entertains her.

Back to the New Town tomorrow for more apartment/house hunting. Here's hoping the third time's the charm!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I remember that summer that I had to study for the bar exam. It was so rough and I didn't even have a child! I hope that you're doing well!

Trannyhead said...

Ah, the memories of bar exam study. I didn't do BarBri or any prep class. I studied on my own. It did solve the problem of not having to listen to crap I already knew, but unfortunately, I had to be entirely self-motivated. I'm sure I spent more time staring off into space than I did actually working.

workhard said...

Good post..

Attorney companies