Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bar Reviewing

Bar review? Hates it.

However, the iPod option is soooo much better than sitting in the classroom. I don't know why they even bother paying these dudes to show up to the law schools anyway. No wonder the course is so crazy expensive. Anyway, it's nice to be able to stop the recording, go have some lunch, or run some errands, or take a little cat nap. Even still, five and half hours of Evidence was horrific.

Anyway, I can't really figure out how to gauge my progress on the multiple choice. I've only done the Con Law practice so far, and I'm technically "passing," I guess, but not by much. That scares the hell out of me. I know I have plenty of time to get the practice scores up, and also, Con Law is one of my worst subjects (I should be able to rock out on Torts, Evidence, and Criminal to make up for the rest). But it all still just makes me want to throw up. Ugh. For those of you who passed the bar and took Bar/Bri to do prep, did your practice scores improve dramatically from the beginning? I need to make sure I'm consistently getting solid passing scores on the practice exams going into the real thing.

To round out the week of Things That Make Me Throw Up, I got my International Law grade. Vomit. What should have been my best grade in law school, ended up being my absolute worst. And it's my own damn fault. I flipped out over the bad grade in Nonprofits only to sabotage my grade in International because I went into Complete Meltdown the day before the final. My gpa took a tremendous hit thanks to two completely suck grades, and I am definitely not interested in seeing my class rank now. I still have two grades out, but unless they're both A's (doubt that), there's really no saving me. I'm just so disappointed. I worked really hard this last semester, and wanted to finish strong, and it ended up being my worst semester in law school. I should have just blown off studying altogether and drank more. Hell, I already had a job, what did I care anyway? Excessive drinking would have been a much better use of my time.

Anyway, it's been a long, rough week and I'm just tired. I'd better get to bed. More bar review tomorrow. Weeeeeee!

6 comments:

Cee said...

Again, it shows how WRONG it is to post grades during finals! I'm sorry- but it's all over now and now is as good a time as any for excessive drinking :) my grades this semester are horrible too- i wonder if it's just in the air?

newduck said...

I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but I graduated near the bottom of my class, and pretty easily got a job straight out of law school. Some of my classmates, who graduated waaaay the hell above me, are still unemployed a year later. In law school, grades are everything. Except when they aren't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

five tomatoes said...

My scores went way up during studying...from 13% to over 80% in some subjects. I know you feel really crushed for time but you have plenty of time to crank out those MBE questions.

Rhiannon said...

My grades also sucked this semester...the one that pisses me off the most is crim pro 2, which should have been my best grade. Did I get dumber between this year and last?

Rachel said...

Check your mail - and thanks for the post.

Dakota said...

I just had to post so I could agree with you that Bar review sucks and that it feels like crap to just barely be passing all the MBE-type practice questions. I know - we are all in the same boat....but it feels a bit like a sinking dingy at this point.

It makes me feel good to think of all the people I know that passed though. If they can do it - so can I, and so can you!