Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No More Law School

I am officially done with law school. (insert cheer here)

I took my last final (for Family Law) this morning. I cleaned out my locker at the law school and took off the lock. I stopped by my former office and dropped off my key and said adieu to my former boss and coworkers. I got my oil changed (or more like oil added, since my oil light has been lighting up whenever I make a sharp turn... oops). I had lunch with Husband at a Mediterranean restaurant and then sat outside reading the first chapter of Dr. Herring's book (Finally! I'm so excited! I get to read for fun!). I got a manicure/pedicure with my law school girlfriends. I had pseudo-Mexican food and margaritas (yay for kicking French imperialist butt... but especially margaritas). I played with my kid. It was a really good day.

Tomorrow I'm getting my eyes checked for the first time in three years, since law school has done considerable damage to my sight. Just in time too, I'm finally out of contact lenses. My glasses are even older than three years, I can't remember the last time I got the lenses changed. Then I need to start cleaning the house, which is a disgusting mess. And cleaning my car, which has basically been my library/garbage depository. And finally get caught up with the bazillion loads of laundry, and pack away Cora's 12 month stuff, since she's grown out of most of it and is now wearing 18 month stuff. Finally, if Husband gets his take-home exam finished tomorrow, we're going to go out for a night on the town and send Cora off with my mother for the night.

And finally, Thursday night is a law school mixer at our alumni country club and Friday is graduation.

For the first time in 25 years, I won't be a student. I'm graduating.

Dude, I'm finally a lawyer.

7 comments:

Chere said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Laurie said...

My house is a total disaster too. I'll be taking care of that before this weekend.

Congratulations! I am SO proud of you!

Beanie said...

Congratulations! What a long strange trip it's been, eh?

lawmom said...

VERY COOL!!

five tomatoes said...

Congratulations! Take time to enjoy it!

LL said...

Congrats!! You've been through a lot in the last few years and you made it- with a Cora in tow!

Cade Culpepper said...

Don’t sell yourself short! I have the firm belief that lawyers are an integral part of society and are therefore important, no matter what kind they are. Whether or not you are in a court room making dramatic arguments, you are helping uphold law and order in some way. I salute you for being a lawyer and am sure you give much of yourself to being one of the best lawyers around.

Cade Culpepper