Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice

I haven't been to school in three days. We were on delay Tuesday and today, and canceled all together on Wednesday. We had snow and an ice storm. Fortunately, we have electricity and running water, not everyone in the city does. This one doesn't seem as bad as the ice storm we had in 2003 though. We were without power for an entire week, as was the vast majority of the city. I had stayed with friends who didn't have power either, but we huddled around their gas fireplace and had a great time playing games by candlelight. (I think they enjoy roughing it though, because they don't have power this time either and we have an extra bedroom they can use here, and they've turned us down.)

My mom, my best friend and his boy toy stayed with us last night. I don't *think* Boy Toy will be returning tonight, but Mom and BFF are still here. If BFF sets the smoke detector off at 2am again, I will probably smother him with a pillow.

I am seriously on edge this week though. It was awesome getting the dreaded Nonprofit Orgs class canceled on Tuesday, but being off school and stuck at home has gotten old real quick. I can't stand being cooped up in the house. Can't stand it. Cora has been a complete pill too. It's not really her fault, at least not entirely. She's got another molar coming through, and she's really just unhappy. She hasn't been sleeping through the night, and she's cranky as hell. The Husband has been doing his absolute best at pissing me off. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get the pillow treatment as well.

In other news, my bar application is ready to go. It just needs to be mailed tomorrow. The deadline for postmark is Monday, so I'm an overachiever for once. I can't believe it's real. I can't believe I'm graduating in May. I can't believe I have to take the Bar exam. I can't believe my only job prospects are jobs two hours + away in the direction of Nowhere to the Southeast and Nowhere to the Northeast. Nowhere to the Southeast is significantly worse, but it's a 1-year clerkship with a judge, so at least it would be temporary. Nowhere to the Northeast would be a permanent position. The area is much better, but an indefinite stay would be much worse. And there's always waiting tables and volunteering for Legal Aid. We'll see!

Anyway, off to bed. Nonprofit Orgs is on for tomorrow at 9am. 9am on a Friday blows almost as much as the class does. It's truly awful. It's nothing more than a combination of BA and Tax. It's pretty much an automatic C for me!

3 comments:

Cee said...

i hate feeling stuck in my own home- i hope everything clears up for you--- wow graduation!!! it really is happening :)

gudnuff said...

You're in class now, presumably. At least you're out of the house. Congratulations on having your bar application ready to go. Hope it's already mailed. One more thing off the list.

Melissa said...

We were out of our home for three days because of no power during an ice storm. It was one of the worst experiences that I've ever had!