This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, December 1, 2008


It's not looking good for our international moot court team. While we're pretty sure we can raise the money to cover the registration fee and the accommodations in Vienna, I don't think we'll be able to raise enough to cover our airfare. I have enough rewards points on my credit card to pay for my trip (I use my credit card for everything), so it's not an issue for me. However, we need at least one more person who can definitely commit, and right now both of the other 3L's who initially said they could go are waffling. If they can't commit, we will need to withdraw our registration and get a refund, which will make me very sad. Especially since I've put in a lot of work on this brief, and so have a couple other people. But we can't argue a moot with just one person.

We have to make a decision by Thursday. I'll be disappointed if we don't go, but it doesn't mean I'll give up. I've learned a lot about International Business Transactions, that I otherwise wouldn't have, from working on the brief, so the effort was at least worthwhile. Also, we can still raise money this year and get a head start on the team for next year. It's not over yet, but I don't want to be too disappointed if this thing doesn't happen. And if it doesn't, maybe after the bar, Husband and I can cash in those frequent flier miles and take a trip ourselves.

No comments: