Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Despair

I'm beginning to feel like this is the theme of my law school experience:



Sigh. More FAIL ahead. My BA final is on Thursday. It will definitely be craptastic. I know I have a week to study for it. That honestly will not make much of a difference. It shall be bad. Very very bad.

I saw a job posting on Monster today for a legal secretary job, which pays $40K a year. I'll be lucky if I get a job making that as a lawyer. I'll be lucky if I get a job at all. Weeeeeeee, unemployment, whatever. Our career services dean told me not to panic. I think she might just be saying that to avoid all of us curling into a ball and sobbing hysterically at our impending bankruptcy. Meh. I'll figure something out. I used to have such big plans and big dreams.

Oh wait.

2 comments:

PT-LawMom said...

Could be worse. You could have actually BEEN a legal secretary making a full 1/3 more than that when you started law school fully knowing that you might come out with far less money but a wee bit more respect on the other side. Sigh... ;)

Seriously, though, I will be sending lots of vibes your way for a smooth end to the semester. This whole thing with your moot court REALLY sucks. :( It would be awesome for you all to be able to go compete after all the hard work you have put in. I definitely think you should travel with your hubby if you don't end up going for school. You deserve a break!

Cee said...

good luck with your BA final- things seem doomed with the job market as it is but I'm sure everything will work out.

Funny posters too :)