Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

On ice

I'm not sure exercise is for me. I don't consider myself to be a particularly clumsy person, but I seem to be having a great deal of difficulty regaining my footing should I stumble, and manage to completely wipe out.

I remember in high school, a friend of mine wanted to go ice skating. She was a big skater, mostly hockey, but she offered to teach me some figure skating. I told her that sounded dangerous, but she assured me that no one she'd taught had ever gotten hurt. Well, while attempting some basic spin, I caught one blade on the other and completely wiped out, landing onto my knee.

Aside from my recent craptastic treadmill experience, yesterday in yoga while doing the wheel pose, I managed a rather embarrassing topple sideways. (I have yet to attempt a hand stand, mostly because I'm convinced I will fall on my face.)

So, this morning was Race for the Cure. No, I didn't fall. But I did seem to put some strain on my right ankle, which I think is residual from yoga class yesterday. It's currently on ice. I'm thinking the half-marathon is not going be feasible, if I can't even run 3 miles without somehow injuring myself.

2 comments:

Cee said...

I'm amazed anyone can survive Yoga...all those crazy positions...My body hurts just thinking about it!

PT-LawMom said...

Hell, I can't get off the couch without injuring myself so it sounds like you're dong pretty good girl!