Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

First week of 3L

Cora started daycare last week. She's going Wednesday through Friday, while my mom is still watching her on Mondays and Tuesdays. She seems to be having a lot of fun in daycare. With the exception of today (she's been a total pill since she woke up this morning), she's been in a really good mood when I get there to pick her up. Our friends' daughter, who is the same age as Cora, is at the same daycare, so that's nice. I'm glad she gets to spend time with other kids. She's very close to crawling (she goes just a few inches, then she's like, meh, whatever, what can I chew on?), so we have to work on baby-proofing the house soon. Oh, and removing dog hair from the floor. We've considered getting a Roomba, but I'm afraid the dog will have a heart attack.

Anyway, school. School started on Monday this year, which pissed me off. (Mondays have always been reading days, and Tuesday the first day of classes.) Mondays suck for me. I work from 9 to just before 2, then I'm in class from 2 to 8:30.

This semester I'm taking Con Law II (which is going to be so dreadful... idiot classmates), Business Associations (in which I'm already envisioning a bad grade), Scientific Evidence (which is going to be awesome... we have a list of kick-ass guest speakers, forensic pathologists, including a bite-mark expert, and an FBI agent), Immigration (which fortunately is being taught by an adjunct who is a real immigration attorney), and Litigation Skills (also taught by a real attorney). The best part? I only have two finals. The four hour BA exam is going to suck, but at least finals week will be such a breeze. Maybe I'll actually get to have a little celebration for Cora's birthday.

This weekend is my 10-year high school reunion. I was at my friend's house looking through our high school yearbook this past weekend, and there were a ton of people I was like, who the hell is that? (She knew most of them.) Even though I'm a very social person and I make friends easily, I tend to completely ignore the majority of people in my class. I probably only know about half of the people in my law school class (of 130), a good portion of which I couldn't match names to the faces. The rest I wouldn't even recognize if I saw them on the street. Anyway, it will be interesting to catch/meet new people, I suppose! What sucks is that most of my really good friends in high school were in different grades, especially the class of '99. Of course, at least none of my ex-boyfriends will be at our reunion, so that's a plus!

There were some great times in high school, but I certainly wouldn't want to repeat the experience. Mostly, because I've never liked the restrictions and stringent rules. (Probably why I went all crazy freshman year of college.) Looking back on old pictures, it's weird how much has changed (and how much hasn't).

Specifically, I realized I've been dressing like a lawyer since high school. (A green suit? Really?) Also, you can't really see it since I've blocked out the faces, but that's some seriously bad early-90's hair with fluffy bangs, and don't even get me started about the huge shoulder pads on that unfortunate colored suit with the built-in "undershirt." Yikes!


(This was freshman year of high school. Thankfully, this suit no longer fits, otherwise I'd probably be wearing this in a mirrored room while Stacy and Clinton berate me.)

I will still be dressing like a lawyer for this shin-dig, but hopefully a much more fashionable one. I'm wearing a simple black professional dress and accenting it with gold jewelry, which I don't usually wear, but I have a couple pieces I got in Murano that I rarely have the opportunity to wear. Oh, and a fabulous pair of stilettos.

1 comment:

Cee said...

it seems like the classes with the most annoying students in them are the con law classes- maybe its those passionate second amendment advocates who are the most obnoxious... the scientific evidence class DOES sound awesome!! Yay for guest speakers!