Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I Want to Believe

And so does Cora...



The moment I've been waiting for all summer... hell, for six years... midnight movie tonight. I'm unbelievably excited. I know I'm a total dork, but I grew up watching The X-Files, all nine years of it, and still totally excited about the second movie.

I know, I've been slacking on the blogging, but I will be back to it all soon and update as to current happenings. Lots to blog about, but so little time. Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Go see the movie. It's going to be awesome.

5 comments:

Butterflyfish said...

don't spoil it for me!! Hubby bought the $20 DVD of the episodes that supposedly give some info relevant to the movie, but really its supposed to be a stand-alone. i'm gonna watch that when he gets back in august and hit the theatre then. I pretty much stopped watching by the last season... I mean they literally raised Mulder from the damn dead, it was so awful ... but I am a huge x-phile.

Butterflyfish said...

also, I liked Dogget all right but the brunette annoyed me. Also, Lucy Lawless? wtf?

Cee said...

I could never watch the X-files. It always gave me nightmares! But so does Law and Order...

Hope you enjoy the movie!

Proto Attorney said...

The movie is AWESOME!!!! Don't worry, I won't spoil! :)

Yeah, once Duchovny left in Season 8, I pretty much lost interest. (I agree, the whole raising Mulder from the dead thing, yikes.) But going back and watching Seasons 8 and 9 again, I developed a new appreciation for those seasons, and for Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish. There are some fantastic episodes in Season 9.

But the movie's great. The stand-alone episodes have always been some of the best. However, one nagging problem with the stand-alone "monster of the week" episodes has always been this: there's an intergalactic government conspiracy to colonize the earth using humans to gestate aliens. So...why exactly are we wasting time chasing a Flukeman?

Butterflyfish said...

Because it was Flukeman!! Some of the monster of the week episodes made for the best lines...