Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Future

So, I've been absent from blogging for awhile... I've been going through a bit of a funk. Discouraged about my career options, and dissatisfied with a lack of work at the office (and the work I do get is lame), I've been a little down in the dumps, and anything I would post on here would be one big pity party. I've found that I'm happy in most aspects of my life, yet not content. Does that make any sense?

Anyway, I've been making changes in my diet and have gotten into an exercise routine. Not really much notable change, but at least it's an escape a few hours a week. I've sort of started studying for the MPRE, which is next Friday. By sort of, I mean, I went to the Bar/Bri session and filled in my outline.

Very discouraged by the firms on the OCI list. It's ridiculous. The majority of the firms aren't even in our city. And of course the majority of the firms are Big Firms and Mega Firms, that wouldn't dream of even considering me. I applied to the two firms that are local, so we'll see if I get any interviews. I also applied to a few government agencies, and I signed up for the IRS and FBI info sessions. The g-man salary might not be great, but they do pay back some student loans, which would be enormously helpful. And with starting salaries around here, frankly, I could work at Starbucks and make more money. Completely ridiculous.

Anyway, that's pretty much what's been going on. Some traveling to visit family. Some friends having new babies. Baby swim classes at the YMCA (which are totally lame), and having loved loved loved the new X-Files movie.

One more month of summer, then school starts back. Now there's a depressing thought!

2 comments:

Cee said...

The firms on our OCI list are pretty much the big firms too. So I never even bothered. Good luck with the small local firms.

Maybe you have to put in some time at a crappy job and then use it to spring board to where you really want to be?

PT-LawMom said...

It makes sense (the disappointed contentment). Hopefully you will find a great small firm that will appreciate you.