Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Update

Not much interesting to report. Working part time, and it's been kinda slow (the boss has been enjoying the weather and playing some golf). Spending time with Cora and watching a lot of TV. Mostly X-Files since I'm going back and watching old episodes in anticipation of the new movie, but I occasionally let Cora watch some TV too -- she really likes Baby Monet, she'd watch it all day if I let her. We also spend some time taking walks when it's not too hot and swimming is always a popular activity.

Last weekend we traveled to the Chicago suburbs for a family picnic. Cora loves people. No stranger anxiety for this kid, at almost 7 months. As long as people are paying attention to her (and she's fed promptly), she's happy as a clam.


Cora and her Big Sister.

The dog is teaching Cora to lick things. The dog comes up, tries to lick Cora, and Cora sticks out her tongue trying to lick the dog in return. GROSS! Sadly, that's not the only gross thing she does, she does many gross things. Oh well. Hygiene will come someday I hope.

I'm experimenting in making my own baby food. I figure since Cora is already leaving a huge carbon footprint, I could scale it back a bit by not having all those little baby food containers around, even if they are recycled. We'll see how she likes my version of her favorites, I made some mushed carrots last night, and it's almost time for her next meal. I'm not sure if all of it will be actually saving me money though. It depends how much baby food I can get from, say, a sweet potato that costs $1.50. If it only fills two containers, that isn't any cheaper. However, I'm hoping it will fill four once it's mushed. We'll see. I'm going to the farmer's market tomorrow to get some veggies and fruits.

Today, Cora got a biscuit, one of those dog biscuit looking things that dissolve and make a big mess. She's currently covered in biscuit. She had a great time though. She gnawed on it while watching Baby Monet, like she was munching movie theatre popcorn while engrossed in a film. However, she kept dropping it when she'd get excited, as when her favorite zebra puppet (I think it's a zebra anyway) comes on the screen. Bummer they don't sell the zebra puppet. I might have to get her other favorite for her though: the yellow duck.

video

Cora watching Baby Monet. She does this thing when she gets really excited, she laughs with just a little squeak, like she's too excited to make much noise. Which is about the only time she isn't uttering a word. The kid talks non-stop. (She gets that from her father and his family, they're all chatterboxes.)

So, yeah, that's pretty much it. Nothing really law-related to report. I'll eventually be taking the MPRE this summer, but I'm not really worried about it. I'll do the on-line course thingy Bar/Bri has on their site, and (maybe) actually re-read the Model Rules.

As much as I'm looking forward to being done with the hell that is law school, I'm not looking forward to job hunting. The market here sucks. I can't imagine having to study for the bar, and take the bar, with the stress of finding a job (and six-figure loan debt) still hanging over my head. Ugh. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Anyway, more cuteness:


Cora tries to steal Daddy's Bottle (Unfortunately for Cora, Daddy drinks his bottle very quickly and there was none left to share.)













Summer seems to be going way too quickly. I need at least another 6 months of summer before I can mentally prepare myself to start back to school. Seriously!

8 comments:

LL said...

That second to last picture is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. She is adorable!!

Richard Jennings said...

I agree, cute pic. Unemployment stats are depressing but there are still many high paying jobs posted on employment sites i.e.

http://www.realmatch.com
http://www.monster.com
http://www.simplyhired.com

There still seems to be a strong demand for professional talent.

lawmom said...

adorable! My monkey is 2.5 and we just caught her trying to lick the dog. The dogs give her tongue baths all the time. It is disgusting but so cute!

Cee said...

she sure likes to taste things :) I love those baby biscuits- they're pretty delicious!

Shelley said...

I am so envious that you can let your dog and baby play together! Cora is such a beautiful girl!

PT-LawMom said...

She is a total doll! My first sentence was "More beer please." Better watch your DH unless you want to explain that to people. LOL! My Mom was fit to be tied, but I think it is hilarious.

newduck said...

This is so insanely adorable I'm going to die. The beer bottle is priceless.

Andrea said...

My favorite is the one where she's eating the star. You can just hear the NOM NOM NOM thoughts in her head.