Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hooded


There's nothing that makes your ass look bigger than an academic robe. Geez!

That's right, I passed my graduate comprehensive exams! (Even though there was an unfortunate essay question on international environmental law, ugh.)

Graduation is tomorrow night, although we don't wear caps and gowns for it, just professional attire. However, I got the cap and gown (and hood) anyway, so I could go to main commencement. I'm excited about my hood. I worked really hard for the degree [that I'll receive sometime over the summer], and for the privilege of wearing the academic hood. Shame I can't get the damn thing to stay on right. Oh well.

I took the Evidence final this morning, so I just have four more finals next week. Sunday is Cora's baptism. The in-laws are coming tomorrow night for graduation, then the influx of family will arrive on Saturday, and stay until Monday/Tuesday. This leaves me little time to study for my finals. I need to study for the Tuesday final (med liability), then work on outlining for the Thursday final (int'l trade) since we can take the outline in with us. I've finished outlining for international environmental law, another outline we can take with us. Not that it will probably do much good, but oh well. I'll just be glad to be done! Ready for summer!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations!!!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Congrats!

I, on the other hand, have no desire to go to my law school graduation at all! Oddly, I went to my college graduation and yet for law school, I really just want the stupid piece of paper.

Shelley said...

That's wonderful - congrats!!!

Cee said...

Yay! Congrats! The hood looks awesome! Enjoy your last finals as a law student :)

Andrea said...

woo! congratulations and good luck next week.

LL said...

Yay, congrats! I can't wait to take the same picture :)

PT-LawMom said...

Congratulations!!! You must be so proud of yourself. And all the more to have your precious daughter in the audience to watch you take that walk. :)