Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm Famous!

You know you're famous when:

1. You're asked by a publisher to read a book and then write a review on your blog. How fun! I'm excited about this. For three reasons: First, I've never been asked to review anything before. Second, it's been awhile since I read a book that wasn't a legal casebook, a legal supplement, or on topics of global governance. Third, I run a local women's book club (that's been on hiatus for a few months), so it's gotten me excited about getting the reading group going again. I'm going to read the book the minute my finals are over, it sounds really interesting. I can't wait! (Look for the review in May.)

2. The ABA wants you to plug their news. Plugged.

"[W]e’re holding a live online chat next month with the rankings czar from U.S. News in which you can participate... Morse will be taking questions from the public on ABAJournal.com on Friday, April 11, from 3 to 4 p.m. ET. We hope you and your readers will participate."

3. You start getting hate mail. I love it, how entertaining! I thought the fellow Moms In Law School might find it entertaining as well, so I'll reprint it here:

From: “Jonathan E. Rubin” (jonathanrubin921@gmail.com)

To: ProtoAttorney@yahoo.com

Subject: uncalled-for pictures on your blog

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:09:50 –0400

Certain pictures were completely uncalled for. Publishing them on your blog was in REALLY bad taste. To say nothing about the "intentionally having a kid while in law school" thing.

Poor choices all around.

I'm confused about what pictures, however. My daughter with our pet rabbit? Phallic-shaped cake? Pin the red Speedo on David Duchovny? Drunk and Disorderly Elvis? I wouldn't respond to it, however, that would just be silly. But publishing it on my blog so others can be equally amused? I'm all about it! Oh the drama! I just love it.

5 comments:

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Wow! You're famous! I get that hate mail, too . . . though from anonymous losers who are too chicken to leave their name.

That's awesome you are doing a book review . . . I, too, only read law books. Well, who am I kidding? I only read law exam study guides.

Cee said...

omg, HATE MAIL! that's so awesome! Way to be famous!

I have no idea what pictures this guy could be talking about either...crazy people!

Aparelho DVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Shelley said...

I never get hate mail...sigh. I'm a blogging nobody. :(

Butterflyfish said...

Wait, wait wait... she's got hate mail AND a clearly non-English speaking spam-artist commenter.

*jealous*