Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Changes

I started back on Weight Watchers finally. Although I'm only 5 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, I need to also take off the 20 pounds of 1L weight. And the 15 pounds of Desk Job weight I packed on when I started as a legal assistant in 2000. And the ten pounds I gained freshman year of college.

It's going to be hard because I'd gotten out the habit of watching what I ate during the pregnancy. I was so sick and had no appetite anyway, it didn't matter what I ate. I had real butter and sour cream and even regular soda. But those days are over. I've never really successfully dieted, only losing a few pounds then gaining them back. So this will be tough. But it's something I want to do. I turn 30 next year. I don't want to be over-weight anymore. I don't want Cora to ever remember me being over-weight, because I don't want her emulating my bad habits. Time for a change.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Good for you! I am doing the same thing (although not with WW) and for pretty much the same reasons. I wish you strength and willpower and clarity of purpose - all things I lack but really wish I had. :)

Dee said...

Breastfeeding worked wonders on my tummy. I could actually feel those muscles working. Good to see that you are taking a step though.

PT-LawMom said...

Good luck. Believe me, I know it's hard. Sending you tons of resolve, strength and commitment! :)

Cee said...

Good luck! It's all in the attitude and the mentality- just keep reminding yourself how badly you want it!