Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things I'm Pissed About

1. The weather. It's cold and raining/snowing, and it's dark and gloomy outside. Bad weather always deteriorates my mood. I'm ready for spring.

2. Not sleeping. I've been up since 4am. Enough said.

3. Jerk-off lying bastards. After I was lied to about how my former firm had already replaced me, seeing the request for resumes on the job website. Under this same category, searching through all of the internship opportunities in government, and finding that 85% of them have already hired for summer.

4. Crappy-ass school. Many reasons for this one, but today it's because Crappy-ass school curves at a 2.6, thereby automatically excluding me from eligibility of a multitude of jobs, just for going to this school. The remaining government jobs require a minimum 3.0 gpa. That's actually below the curve at some schools. I might have been able to get away with using my grad school gpa (which is a 3.9), if the internships weren't actually for law students. There's no way they'll even consider me.

5. Crappy-ass people at the law school. I finally put earphones on in the library today. There's one person in particular whose voice I can't stand. Mostly because she's completely phony, and often rude, but also because her voice is just plain annoying. So is her laugh. She makes me want to bitch slap her with my laptop.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm going back to studying now, then I'm taking a nap.

5 comments:

LL said...

Ugh, I'm sorry, all that just sucks. It's days like that when it's good to have a blog to complain to!

Kathryn said...

I really hope things start looking up for you soon. I hope you could at least enjoy your nap. :)

Cee said...

i hear you on the crappy way some law schools curve their grades. Ours is pretty low too :(

don't give up, the perfect job is out there waiting!

PT-LawMom said...

(((HUGS))) Sounds like you are going through a lot right now. Excuse my intrusive suggestion, but have you talked to your doctor? It's pretty easy to slip into depression after giving birth as all those hormones leave your body. Especially with all the stress you've been under with the baby and now the job, it wouldn't be unusual for you to be feeling angry, frustrated and depressed. I know you already have a bazillion medical bills but it might be worth talking to someone at the campus health center because they can typically provide counseling or inexpensive/sample antidepressants if you need them.

Hope things get better soon. Crappy-ass people suck!

Law Student Hot Mama said...

Do it! Bitch slap her!