Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

More Cora






She's still doing good, breathing well, and eating well. They haven't said for sure when we can take her home (or even when I'll be getting discharged myself), but I'm in no hurry for either event. I'm feeling a lot better this afternoon, but I'm still not feeling fantastic, and I'm just now getting to the point that I can get myself out of bed and use the bathroom without calling the nurse for help. I even took a shower today (with some help from Husband). I didn't realize exactly how beat-up I would feel (I knew childbirth would be traumatic, but I thought the pain meds would make me feel a lot better). Yeah, except that pain meds = Motrin. What? Motrin? Bring on the Percocet! Damn.

10 comments:

Shelley said...

They tried to give me Motrin, too, which I'm forbidden to take by my gastroenterologist. So I said, "I want Vicodin, damn it," and I got it. Whew! I would have loved percocet! :)

I felt like I'd been hit by a truck!

Cecilia said...

Beautiful! And such a lovely name!

TriLawyer said...

All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I am so happy for you and it is going to be a wonderful 2008! Have a peaceful and warm family holiday.

TriLawyer

legally certifiable said...

Oh, she's beautiful!

CM said...

Cora, what a beautiful name. And she looks great!

Maybe you said this in your earlier posts -- did you end up having a C-section?

Butterflyfish said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

She's beautiful.

I think they gave me the percoset. And I was nursing. Ummm. yeah.

2L Wannabe said...

Big congrats and I love the name.

And, what the hell - never heard a better excuse for missing finals!

PT-LawMom said...

She is beautiful!! I agree -- ask for something stronger if you need it! It takes a few days to feel stronger. Dermoplast spray is also the very best, most wonderful thing ever. Never knew you could spray it *there*!!! ;)

I'm so thrilled for you all!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Ok, I'm SO late, but CONGRATULATIONS! She's absolutely beautiful. :)