Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Day Six

Not much new to report. Things are about the same, unfortunately, with the blood pressure continuing to be a concern. Everyone had expected her to make more progress by now. The surgeon ordered an echo for tomorrow, to look for an explanation. They wanted to continue to wean her from the dopamine, but they haven't been able to without bottoming out her blood pressure. They're treating her as a heart-surg patient, apparently because she's acting like one. I'm worried that means there's damage to her heart, which considering the pressure from the CCAM, it's definitely a possibility.

Husband and I both slept at home last night. Granted, we called her nurse a few times, the last time being about 3:30 in the morning. I'm not so sure I got better rest at home than I had been at the hospital. Plus I've been in a foul mood all day. The in-laws have now been staying with us for one week and two days. I love my in-laws, they're fantastic. But Husband reminded me of the Benjamin Franklin quote... something about house guests being like fish (both stink in three days). My limit on house guests is about a week before I start twitching uncontrollably. I'm glad they've been here though. They've helped us out considerably, and have spent lots of time with Cora in the hospital, for which I'm grateful. However, they are leaving tomorrow afternoon, which will also be nice to have some time to ourselves. If it's true we need to have someone there all the time once she's released from the PICU and onto the floor, then they will be coming back.

We're also having Cora baptized in the morning, and also the anointing of the sick. I'm a little disappointed, because this isn't the memory I wanted to have of Cora's induction into Catholic life. We don't think unbaptized babies float around in purgatory or anything, but it was very important to her grandmother and great-grandmother, so we figured we'd go ahead. Provided everything turns out well, she can still have her ceremony in the Spring with her godparents there.

Anyway, I have plenty of random thoughts floating around in my head, but will have to wait. We're headed back to the hospital after having a late dinner, to ring in the new year with our little girl. Isn't exactly the New Year's celebration we'd imagined, but kissing our girl at midnight was what we had planned all along. We're glad to be able to.

3 comments:

CM said...

I just caught up on your past two weeks of posts... it seems almost more cruel that she had a few days of good health before all this happened. I hope Cora recovers and gets to come home with you soon.

Beanie said...

I too am late to the story, as I have been away. I'm so glad to hear that she seems to be doing better, and hope that you'll have your sweetie back at home with you.

newduck said...

I've been off-line for over a week and am just now reading what happened. I am so, so sorry to hear this, and I just know she's going to pull through. Please know that my prayers are with you and your whole family.