Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day Four

The days are all starting to run together, but I think this is Cora's fourth day in the hospital. Again, we spent the night at the hospital in a sleep room, so we could be there if anything happened. We're at home right now, so we can shower, get a few things done, and take a few minutes to relax. My in-laws are at the hospital with Cora now. Last night I actually slept for eight hours straight, the longest I've slept since Cora was born, and more hours than I've slept total since she's been in the hospital. I really shouldn't be sleeping for so long, since I need to keep on a pumping schedule, but after the stress of the past few days, I didn't have much of a choice. My milk production has been down considerably since she's been in the hospital, probably a combination of stress and exhaustion, and spotty nutrition. They're increasing her milk intake today, so I definitely need to keep up production. At least I can do something for her, even if it's just being the dairy cow.

Not really much to report. She's still got the chest tube, she's still on the ventilator. They've talked about removing the chest tube sometime soon, but she'll stay on the vent for a few more days at least. She's improving slowly, but she's got a long way to go still, and there are often times setbacks, so it's difficult to say how long she'll be in the hospital and how well she'll do. She opens her eyes every once in awhile, but I'm not sure how "with it" she actually is, as they still have her sedated. She moves her arms and legs a little, and her reflexes work, she still clutches your finger when you put it in her hand.

That's about it. Tired, but we're doing okay I guess. I miss having her home, and I miss being able to hold her. But I'm just grateful she's alive, and getting better.

4 comments:

LL said...

I've been checking for updates constantly and thinking about you all more. I'm glad to hear you were able to get some sleep and that she continues to recover- I would think increasing milk intake is a good sign. There are lots of good thoughts coming your way from Chicago.

Shelley said...

I'm with LL -- I hit reload on this page quite a bit! Thank you for the update, and I'm glad you were able to rest. It does -- to this lay person -- sound as if she's doing better. I read up on CCAM since Cora's travails started, and I am floored at how she's beaten the odds, from pregnancy on up. What a lovely little fighter!

Butterflyfish said...

Ditto LL. Prayers coming at you from where I am.

divine angst said...

Ditto all of the above--I've been checking back to see how Cora's doing. Hang in there--I'm thinking of you!