Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Friday, December 7, 2007

Born

Baby is born (somewhere about 8:30). Not sure what her health status is just yet, but she came out pink not blue, and was crying without turning blue, so that seems to me to be a very good sign. They let me hold her briefly before whisking her off to the NICU for evaluation. She was 6 pounds, 9 ounces, with a head full of black hair, and fortunately made it to the outside world without bruising and discoloring.

I'm feeling okay, pretty beaten down. I can't get warm enough, I just tremble, and I'm still nauseous from all the medications. I'm also really sleepy from a combination of being awake for 30-some hours, and from the phenergan they gave me to stop me from dry heaving anymore. I've been munching on saltines, and drinking some coke. One thing though, labor is bad enough with an epidural, I can't believe people choose to do this without drugs.

That's about it. I'm going back to sleep now. Once we get to see Baby, we'll take pictures. She's awful cute, but I might be a little biased in forming that opinion.

12 comments:

legally certifiable said...

Congrats!!! Enjoy being a mom--it's fantastic.

You are one dedicated blogger, posting just two hours after delivery! Now go get some very well-deserved rest.

Zuska said...

Oh!! How wonderful!! I can't wait to hear more. I am so excited!

Pink is a wonderful color!!!

Mel Woods said...

Congrats!! Hope you feel better.

divine angst said...

I seriously can't believe you're blogging RIGHT after giving birth. CONGRATULATIONS!

PT-LawMom said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more. Sounds like the baby had great timing (a few more hours and you *would* have been losing your waters during your final!) Eh, I was on my laptop shortly after birth, too. When they take the baby to the NICU and you are just too hyped up to get the recommended sleep, you have to do something!

Cee said...

Congratulations on the new life! I'm a 2L right now and I cant imagine having a baby while suffering from law school :)

I just got married though and cant wait to have babies.

Give her lots of kisses!

CM said...

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!

Don't worry, you will feel better once you get some sleep and some lunch and get to hold your daughter in your arms. So glad to hear that the birth went well!

Henny Penny said...

Congratulations! 6 9 is an awsome weight for being so early. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out.

LawSchoolMom said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now comes the hard part! Step away from the computer and get some sleep while you can!

Hanah said...

Congratulations!!! Get some rest and I hope you feel back to normal very soon.

Kim said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!

K said...

Congratulations!