Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Sigh

My fundraising coordinator for ILS resigned tonight, 18 hours before our meeting. She didn't bother to tell me that a lecture going on at the law school tomorrow evening (scheduled for the same time as our meeting) is mandatory for her class and cited that as part of the reason she's resigning -- she can't put extra-curricular activities before academics. Well, no shit.

It would have been nice to know that lecture was mandatory before midnight the night before the meeting. I highly doubt she's the only one that won't be showing up to the meeting. Now I doubt anyone will be showing up to the meeting. I didn't even know there was a lecture scheduled for tomorrow evening until a few hours ago. Dammit, I'm just so pissed off.

I've considered resigning myself. The last thing I need is more stress in my life, and it would certainly have been easy to resign and let my VP take over. But I made a commitment to the organization and I don't take my commitments very lightly. And I'm angry when others do take their commitments lightly. I'm angry, and frustrated, and discouraged. I've had very little actual interest from the membership, and very little support from my officers.

I learned last year that I wasn't going to achieve anything more than mediocrity in my grades. I wanted to make something of my law school experience. I wanted to participate in skill-building activities and give something back to the law school, leave a legacy. Take an organization that had essentially died two years ago, had barely existed last year, and set the foundation for something that would be an excellent resource for our students.

Failure. Complete and total waste of time. If I could start this semester over, I wouldn't have wasted so much of my time for nothing. I had so much hope for this semester, and it all just seemed to fall apart almost immediately. I'll just be lucky to pass all of my finals.

3 comments:

PT-LawMom said...

People suck! See, I'm with you. I'd be so much more concerned about letting down the team than anything else, while others seem to be out for number one and will drop any "inconvenient" thing with no regard for others who have to pick up the slack. I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))

TriLawyer said...

No. I disagree...NOT a failure or waste of time. As much as this person has let you and your organization down, YOU have not failed.

I understand how you feel all too well, but I will tell you that later on, you will come to view this experience as an excellent life/work lesson. I know it doesn't make this any easier, but I do believe that you are ultimately going to be a better person for what you have given and what you have done. Be proud of this and accentuate the positive. Chin up!

TriLawyer

Shelley said...

Ugh, what a pain in the ass! It's only going to reflect poorly on her, though. I'm amazed you've managed to do so much while pregnant, dealing with so many appointments, and handling all of your "ordinary" activities, though -- wow!