Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Prenatal suckiness

The NST didn’t go so great this morning. I ended up strapped in for an hour, because fetal heart rate dropped twice during that time, or so they think. They don’t actually know. It’s probably because the baby moved away from the monitor, especially since the second time it happened, the lady moved the monitor and the heart rate went back up. Funny that. Anyway, so they’re making me have another ultrasound today. They want to check amniotic fluid, and if it’s low, they plan on admitting me for more useless lay-in-the-hospital-just-to-receive-IV-fluids. I’m never getting pregnant again, this is ridiculous. I was expecting a baby to overtake my life, not my prenatal care.

Since I refused to sit in the lobby for the next two to three hours, I told them I’d come back this afternoon after class and sit in the lobby (where I’m sure I’ll be for two to three hours). Which means I have to call in to work. I have a stack of medical records on my desk that I was working on, so if I don’t end up in the hospital, I’ll have to go in tomorrow, which sucks. If I end up in the hospital, I guess they become someone else’s problem.

2 comments:

legally certifiable said...

Blech! Can you see if your doc will administer fluids, or admit you to the OB floor, or even home health? I spent a lot of time on IV's with my pregnancies. My first doc would send me directly to the OB floor, avoiding all the unpleasantness of the ER or L&D. When long-term fluids were needed they set me up with home health. (Insurance likes home health, much cheaper.) I had a little backpack to carry my IV pump and fluid. 2nd doc gave me fluids in his office after I pretty much refused to go to the ER.

Hang in there, I know it sucks. Oh and for what its worth, one of my twins had very low fluid (the other one had way too much). She turned out perfectly fine.

PT-LawMom said...

Aw man, that sucks! Hope it wasn't as long a wait as you were anticipating when you posted this. Feel better!