Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Stuck

Back at the hospital. I don't get to go home. In fact, I've actually been admitted to the hospital. I'm low on amniotic fluid, and there's concern, albeit unlikely since I'm not leaking nor having contractions, that my water broke. They think it's probably just leakage from all the needle holes, but they wanted to keep me for observation overnight and make sure I have more fluid in the morning. If I don't, we're in for some trouble. We haven't quite reached viability yet, we're a week away, not that the survival rate for the delivery of a 24 week fetus is very high. Also, that survival rate goes to zero considering it's a fetus with hydrops. The hydrops is improving, however, so if there's more amniotic fluid tomorrow, things will look really good for us.

So, here I am, still stuck in the hospital. I've been poked and prodded more than I ever thought possible. I just want to go home, sleep in my own bed, pet my dog and go back to school.

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

Sending prayers your way - you seem to be remarkably strong - keep it up.

Thanks for updating - I visit a few times per day to check!

LL said...

Yours was the first blog I checked when I got internet access back. I hope your amniotic levels are rising and things are looking up (well as up as they can be). You've been in my thoughts all week!

PT-LawMom said...

(((HUGS))) Hope you get out soon and that your little one will have more amniotic fluid than he/she could ever need once they're done poking you. Thanks for keeping us updated.

caradepollo said...

You must be practicing some extreme mental acrobatics to get thru all of this. You know it's bad when going back to school is an attractive alternative.
The strength you demonstrate is amazing. I feel silly complaining to my own family about the stresses of pregnancy and law school when I think of what you must be dealing with the complications you face.
Rest, rest, rest. Watch some Court TV Law and Order reruns.
You are in my thoughts.