Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Good news finally

We finally had good news at today's ultrasound. Even the doctors were surprised, because they expected it to take up to two weeks for the hydrops to resolve. However, at today's appointment, it was completely gone. The doctor said this is the best result we could possibly hope for, and although we're still what seems an eternity away from a safe delivery, things are looking really promising. That doesn't mean I won't need surgery again, because it seems likely I will. But it'd be really nice if it doesn't happen for awhile, and even better if it's only once more and not multiple times. We'll be at 24 weeks on Friday, and are now viable. The chance of survival rate goes up significantly each week, so each week we get good news, the better that news will be. The shunts are still in place and functioning, at least for now. The CCAM has already grown and the heart is a little shifted again, but the larger the fetus grows, hopefully fetal growth will exceed the growth of the cyst, and the shunts will keep the size down significantly.

We felt so optomistic at today's appointment, we decided to get confirmation of the gender. We're having a girl. Two weeks ago, I would have been disappointed (because I really had wanted a boy) but now I'm just happy that the fetus has regained her health and now has a very good chance of making it out of the womb as a healthy baby.

Of course, I knew it was a girl. Only a girl could be this much trouble before she's even born.

8 comments:

CM said...

What a relief to get some good news for a change! Here's hoping for more.

PT-LawMom said...

Wow! YAY!!! If she's giving you this much of a hassle as a fetus, imagine the hell you'll go through in her teen years. ;) I'm so pleased that things are looking up for you!

Beanie said...

So glad to hear your good news. If there's anything any of us bloggers can do to make things easier (send cookies, novenas, outlines), let us know, okay?

Butterflyfish said...

Glad you got good news. Still praying for you. Ditto Beanie especially -- I make a mean cookie.

Shelley said...

You've made my day!!!! Congrats! And girls are tons of fun -- I bet before long you get as smug about having a girl as I did. :)

My personal feeling is that the more you suffer early on, the better they're going to be as adolescents. It's not a bad theory, right? At least it keeps me optimistic!

LL said...

I agree with Shelley- you're due for an angel of a teenager after this :) I was SO happy to read your post- there's a big smile on my face. Still sending lots of good thoughts your way!

caradepollo said...

congratulations. What are you going to name her? Res Ipsa?

Proto Attorney said...

Res Ipsa, I like it! We were going to go with "Learned Hand" but now that it's a girl, maybe Mrs. Palsgraf?