Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Cankles

I woke up this morning to the discover biggest cankles ever. My rings weren't tight, so I can't imagine I'm retaining that much water. Just my ankles and feet decided to swell overnight. Anyway, I had super-cute maternity outfit picked out for today and had to wear my running shoes with it. Oh well. I try to be fashionable, it just never seems to work out.

I took a trip to Target this afternoon after class. The TAB competition has been canceled for this weekend due to Yom Kippur (even though I'm pretty sure we don't have a single Jewish student... I could be wrong though), so I decided to take the time I had allotted to work with my TAB partner, to go shopping instead. I needed a new pair of sunglasses, since mine have vanished. Then of course I raided the baby section, because there were a ton of clothes on sale. (Sadly, most are pink, but there were clothes there for 98 cents! How could I resist?)

I did splurge and spend $5 on one item though -- little ballet slippers! I know, it's so silly. I hate everything pink and girly, yet I love the little pink ballet slippers (actually just baby socks/shoes in general). Husband and I volunteer for our local ballet company though, so I feel justified. (We just work the box office though... I was definitely not made for dance, being "curvy" and uncoordinated.) Maybe our daughter will be interested in taking ballet lessons or some other form of dance someday. If so, at least we have the hook-up through the dance company, which also runs a dance school.

Oh well. Just glad to have had a few hours to myself before I need to start reading for tomorrow, and working more on the cite test. I finished half yesterday, so if I can get most of it done tonight then I can go back and check my answers tomorrow.

6 comments:

PT-LawMom said...

Did you call your OB just in case? The swelling can be a bad thing in pregnancy so it might be worth a check just to be safe.

Proto Attorney said...

Gosh, is that bad? I thought that was a normal pregnancy symptom. The swelling's gone down some, but if it comes back in the morning I'll call the doc to be sure.

LL said...

I had some sudden swelling about 6 weeks before my due date- pretty much all in my ankles. Definitely still check with your doctor, but mine told me that as long as I had no other symptoms of preeclampsia (which is what they're normally worried about with swelling) like sudden headache or vision problems then it was nothing to worry about. Drinking lots of water helps!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some baby shopping :)

caradepollo said...

...given all that has gone on in the past month, I'd be calling the doc anyway just to make sure all is ok...God I hate it when people tell me what to do...scratch that. The first part I mean. Sort of.

AlexandraHere said...

I think its justifiable to shop for cute little baby clothes when your preganant! Thats the fun part! The ballet shoes will look cute with any little outfit!

PT-LawMom said...

Sorry, not trying to be bossy. :) Just concerned. I'll take my Mommy hat off and put my Fun Girl hat on and say, "Yay for the cool baby girl finds!" :-)