Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to school

I rejoined the human race and went back to school today. Managed to get called on in Tax, after a two-day absense and having to get up in the middle of class to go to the bathroom. Fortunately, I actually had the answers and didn't have to pass or make a complete ass of myself as I generally do when I get called on and get all flustered.

I have to do some serious studying this weekend for PR. We have a quiz on Monday on the Model Rules. Since I haven't yet read all of the Model Rules, I suppose I should do that. Most of the stuff we've gone over has been pretty ridiculous so far. Like, you shouldn't break into your client's ex-wife's house and microwave her cat. I didn't need the Model Code to tell me that one, thanks. (And that guy shouldn't be suspended from the bar, he should be shot.)

In other news, I am starting back to work on Monday, so this is my last week of (relative) freedom. We have a Moot Court meeting tomorrow afternoon, as well as the meeting for Trial Advocacy Board. I also called an officers' meeting for ILS. I think I'm about to get hit with the reality of my workload.

So, ultrasound #2 is tomorrow morning. Then I've got one class, and three meetings to sit through.

2 comments:

caradepollo said...

good luck with the U/S tomorrow.

I, too, am a k/u 3L in a 4 year program. I work full time, and I am 4 mos.

I enjoy reading about your experiences; nice to know there is at least one other person out there.

I got called on tonight, too, in BizOrgs and had to "pass" now that I only understand half of what I read when I am able to stay awake long enough to do so.

Eager to read tomorrow's news. Good luck

CA

Patrick Lafferty said...

Hi! I found your blog by googling. Amazing we are going through similar circumstances. We have a baby who has a large CCAM in her chest cavity (65-70%) and we are at 24 weeks. We have just been released from Houston Children's Fetal Treatment Center to go back home to Dallas and be monitored here. Our daughter also has a large hole in her heart on top of the CCAM. This is so scary, as you know. Please check out our website, as my husband has diaried our experience as you have: exitstrategy07.wordpress.com. We'll keep in touch.