Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sudden realizations and whining

1. I have to go back to school on Tuesday.

2. I actually have to read all those books I bought.

3. I voluntarily enrolled in Federal Taxation.

4. I'm taking 19 credit hours.

5. I'm pregnant.

6. I would much prefer to be sitting on a beach somewhere with a cool breeze, and a fruity alcoholic drink in my hand, while someone else grows my baby and completes law school for me.

The older I get, the less excited I am about hard work and dedication, and more excited I am about enjoying the fruits of those labors instead. I've been having a very hard time sleeping lately, and between the extreme heat/humidity, my lower back pain, and my persistent headaches, I'm not "enjoying" pregnancy very much. Can we just fast-forward to January?

5 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Better to take that many hours now than after the baby comes. I had to take 19 hours my final semester of law school after having low semester hours my pregnant semester and first semester back after baby. 19 hours plus a child plus a commute plus a job was awful.

Cecilia said...

19 units! Phew! I'm also due in January and a 2L - and I debated whether to take a crazy heavy load so I could ease up once the baby comes. I decided on 15 units - didnt wanna go too nuts given that I'm having sleeping issues already.

Have you felt the baby move yet? i have the non-descript, stomach gurgling type of feeling, but I'm not totally sure it's the baby.

(found your site from lag liv, btw)

Shelley said...

I can't recommend a maternity body pillow enough -- my husband insisted (after I stole his body pillow) and it made all the difference in the world in the quality of my sleep.

He found this one -- http://store.babycenter.com/product/maternity/maternity+pillows/back+%27n+belly+contoured+pillow.do?asc=false -- online and it arrived pretty quickly. I ended up using it upside down most of the time, because I hate having my neck elevated when I sleep, but either way it was better than going without or just having a pillow between my knees!

Proto Attorney said...

I'm up to four pillows now, which is insane, I definitely need to invest in a body pillow!

I can't figure out if I'm feeling fetal movement, or if it's just gas. I was pretty sure I felt something at 16 weeks, and then haven't felt the same sensation since, so it was probably gas. Now at 20 weeks, I just keep feeling pressure. And gas.

3 of my hours are for a language course that I need to finish my master's degree, so it's not as bad as another law course, but I'm not sure I have the patience to deal with grammar and tax.

Andrea said...

Ha! I've also been having "baby or gas?" moments. Good luck with that monster course load!