Disclaimer

This blog is not intended to provide legal advice, legal services or legal anything else. Don't sue me. All I have is debt anyway.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Things that threaten the lives of husbands...

Sometimes Husband's survival instinct is dangerously lacking.

We filled out our life insurance forms this week. During that process, the agent asked for my weight. She also asked for Husband's weight. Which is only 20 pounds more than my weight. He's nearly a foot taller than me. I might be a bit of a fatty, but Husband is also a bit of a beanpole.

When we got in the car he casually asks, "So, your weight... is that with the baby weight?" No, I respond through gritted teeth, because I'm still slightly under my pre-pregnancy weight. "Oh, because I thought you weighed X." (X = Current Weight minus 20 pounds.) Well, yeah, I did... when we started dating nearly 6 years ago. And you've also gained 10 pounds and sprouted a lot of gray hair, so shutthehellup.

For the record, 15 of the extra pounds came from 1L year. 5 from fall semester, 10 from spring. Add 25 (hopefully only 25) pounds from Baby, and I'm gonna be bigger than I ever imagined I could be. Will definitely be time for some Weight Watchers post-partem!

1 comment:

PT-LawMom said...

Ooh boy! :( Smack him. Not to freak you out or anything, but I gained 27lbs with my son (he was 7lbs, 11oz) and that's less than almost anyone I know. There is a girl at work who is a size 2. Even she gained 36lbs with her son (now she's back down to a 2).